Sunday, February 13, 2011

Diarrhea reformists

The word reformist in the Persian language is "eslah-talab" and diarrhea is translated to "ecehal" and mixing these two together would be 'ecehal-talab' which loosely means 'pro-diarrhea' or something like that.

Now why diarrhea? Because the majority of the Iranian people see these 'regime reformists' as who they truly are. They see them as bunch of self-serving jackasses whose primary goal is to protect the foundation of the current Islamic establishment. And just like diarrhea and vomit, these reformists are thrown up by the regime to provide a newer gentler face for them.

The biggest regime oriented reformist party 'Mosharekat' (which was once run by the brother of former president Khatami) has issued a statement calling for preservation of the Islamic Republic and return to the 'golden' days of Ayatollah Khomeini's rule:
    "The Greens are led by the spirit of the Revolution, which is unyielding adherence to the constitution in order to achieve national accord."
Last time I checked, the spirit of their revolution has killed thousands upon thousands of dissidents. And last time I checked, their revolutionary spirit kills one person every 8 hours.
Frankly, I don't want to be part of the regime preserving green movement and their 'ecehal-talab' agenda. And I sure hope the regime reformists fail because their agenda is not what Neda and Sohrab died for.

لعنت بر این اسهال طلبان حکومتی که فرقی با سایر اجزای این حکومت جنایتکار اسلامی ندارند. سالها توسط این پوفیوزها تلف شد و صدها نفر جانشان را از دست دادن که این کثافتها حالا بیان بگن ما تغییر نظام نمیخواهیم؟ اینها دیگه کی هستند؟

4 comments:

Tessa said...

You & I have always seen eye to eye on this green movement. The overwhelming majority of people don't understand. (including Iranians)

For the few who do, they may feel that Greens are a step toward getting what the people want; that maybe the Greens can weaken things enough to allow for a true revolution and end of the regime entirely. I don't know.

My feeling has been: I guess you get better treatment from the nice Nazis, but it doesn't change who's in charge.

Rosemary Welch said...

Dear Winston, Thank you for the info. I had no idea that this was a step (or two or three) backward. Now what do I do when I hear of these people being murdered? If you still have my email, please send me a link to your posts.

PS. My brother went to Heaven Nov. 12, 2010, so I haven't been on the computer too much. I'm only slightly back. My prayers are with your family and friends.

Winston said...

I am sorry about your loss, Rosemary.

Rosemary Welch said...

Thank you, Winston.