Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Riot Time

It's Chahar-Shanbe Soori time for the Iranians and for those living inside of the country this is "Riot Time". Because it might be among the few days of the year where people of different backgrounds come out to the streets to celebrate and these "celebrations" always end up being the main place for anti-government riots.

Right now, I'm hearing about the sporadic clashes between the youth and anti-riot police in eastern area of Tehran called "Tehran Pars". The people chanted "Death to Khamenei" and other anti-regime stuff. Pictures from Tehran

Updated 1: 46 have suffered minor injuries and a few have been detained by police in Tehran, regime Fars News reporting. Also reports from town of Karaj, west of Tehran, indicate sporadic clashes have occurred between the security forces and the people without any major incident so far.

I'll try to keep you posted if I hear any thing more!

Updated 2:

Pictures from city of Hamedan in central western Iran, Pictures from western parts of Tehran

Pictures from Tehran & more images from ISNA web site

More photos from Tehran and here are Pix from city of Gorgan in NE of Iran

Israel's Ynet News reports: Death to Ahmadinejad

2 comments:

Sohrab said...

Man I remember the last few years before I came to the US, the chaharshanbe-soori fire crackers the kids used were not fire crackers at all -- but little mini-bombs.

Anonymous said...

Dear Winston,

As you have noticed, our blog, “Without the slightest hesitation” has a purpose for existence, and that is to communicate with those who really want to listen to its message.
As an author of the blog, however, I would like it to be independent from any “political” lineages. As I respect you as an author of “The Spirit of Man”, I am obliged to let you know that some of the “adds” and “references” you have displayed on your blog may not be of great interest to me, and therefore, it is only fair to “Twoshorties” that the name should be removed from the blogroll. I respect and understand your points of view, but I may not find myself in total agreement with your approaches, which are after all totally subjective as they should be.

As a fellow blogger, if I may call myself one, I remain respectful towards your point of view, and approach, and should always remain a friend.

PS: Thank you for your support throughout