Saturday, January 17, 2009

Being grateful

I become more grateful about being in Canada every time I leave its comfort for Europe. Right now, I am somewhere in Europe trying to meet with members of my family. But honestly, living in Canada or the US for that matter is a grand privilege. I wish more people could travel to see it for themselves. It has truly been an amazing experience for me to be able to see for myself that the quality of life and expenses are a lot better in Canada than any where else in this doomed old continent of Europe.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww that's a bit sad you think that and are having such a bad time. I adoooore Europe aswell as the US. I feel grateful every day for living here (and being born here, my God!) and being able to travel around it so easily - and across the Pond. I cannot say I have ever viewed it so awfully. Europe is a huge a diverse continent like the States. I'd go so far as to say that it is man's most beautiful achievement in history given the architecture that defines it. My favourite European pastime is people watching.

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean. I am a 4th generation Canadian-born who has been over to Europe many, many times (thank You, Lord, for the opportunities!). I am in Europe right now again on business, and I can hardly wait to go home to Canada. Our Canadian way of life is so beautiful: common-sense without the rudeness, everything you need is available in good time, and if it isn't, another Canadian is usually only too pleased to help you find it. Less stress, better weather, and the only "negative" side is that sure, our cities may be flatter and not have fancy churches, but our hearts are warm! Thanks for your post.

Anonymous said...

I've never been to Europe, but here is what I think are Europe's two problems:

1) Abandonment of Christianity. I've heard it said that if Europe won't have the God of the Bible, they'll end up with Allah. What a shame.

2) A sixty year devotion to Keynesian economics. I recently read a statistic that the average poor person in the US has more living space than the average middle class person in Europe.