Monday, January 2, 2006

Munich

I am just back from the movie theater and of course the movie I watched, was " Munich" the latest movie directed by Steven Spielberg

The story of the Israeli athletes who were murdered should never be forgotten and I believe Spielberg has tried not to let them down by making this new movie about the incident.

And it was almost what I expected... Dealing with terrorists in a tough way, fighting them to the bitter end and of course Spielberg gives a human face to both the Israeli agents who were sent out to neutralize the 1972 Munich massacre preparators, and the arab terrorists.

Any ways, Like his last movie, Spielberg again leaves the viewers with some un-answered questions and lets the viewer decide the epilogue of the story!

But there are things I'd like to know: Why did Spielberg try to show us a scene in which a Palestinian terrorist engages in a civil discussion with the Israeli agent?

A viewer had a good point about this situation: Would he (Spielberg) try to make the Holocaust preparators look like bunch of reasonable persons too? I doubt he would, and that is why I don't get his point where he insists on showing the arab guy reasoning with the Israeli agent about the arab-israeli conflict.

All in all, it is always good to spend your money on a movie directed by Steven Spielberg.

Its core message is about having a home or a piece of land to live in, a family to return to and peace between the enemies.

It is a movie that I'd recommend.

No comments: