Wednesday, August 9, 2006

August 22

August 22nd may just be another day of calendar but this 22nd of Aug. is not an ordinary one.

I feel uneasy about it because it is the date when the Iranian regime is going to announce some thing about its nuclear plans.

Now Prof. Bernard Lewis whom I admire a lot has some thing on this which caught my attention. Mr. Lewis says :
    What is the significance of Aug. 22?
    This year, Aug. 22 corresponds, in the Islamic calendar, to the 27th day of the month of Rajab of the year 1427. This, by tradition, is the night when many Muslims commemorate the night flight of the prophet Muhammad on the winged horse Buraq, first to "the farthest mosque," usually identified with Jerusalem, and then to heaven and back (c.f., Koran XVII.1). This might well be deemed an appropriate date for the apocalyptic ending of Israel and if necessary of the world. It is far from certain that Mr. Ahmadinejad plans any such cataclysmic events precisely for Aug. 22. But it would be wise to bear the possibility in mind.
and honestly it scares me even though nothing may happen on that specific day, but then I asked myself "Who knows what will happen"...

Front Page Magazine has more

Cross-posted @ Shotgun weblog

3 comments:

Chester said...

The EU, Russians and U.N. don't seem concerned about the date. They're giving Iran a few days past Aug. 22 to stop enriching unranium.

A number of shipments headed for Iran that might help them in their nuclear 'enterprise' have been stopped recently, before reaching Iran. Maybe it put a damper on their big Aug. 22 announcement?

Personally, I'm not expecting much. I think they might put on a stage show like they did a couple months ago, maybe announce that they're withdrawing from NPT.

But what do I know?

Anonymous said...

Well, I AM SCARED.

Rosemary Welch said...

I am not frightened, because my God said that no one would know the time or the hour. He also said that who should I fear? The the man who can kill me and then do no more? Or the One who holds the Keys to Heaven and Hell?

He may announce he has achieved the completion of his goal: the nuclear bomb that we stalled long enough for him to build. I do not care.

We shall do all that is necessarh, either now or later. But something will be done...