Sunday, August 27, 2006

Guests of the Ayatollah

I am reading Guests of the Ayatollah by Mark Bowden, a leftist I believe, which has been a valuable read so far and it is amazing how a rogue regime can hold the super power hostage for around 2 years.

I am half way through the book, and it is awful to see how bad the Americans were treated and it makes me ashamed of being a countryman of those bastards who took 66 Americans hostage.

As an Iranian, I am sorry for the hostage crisis and I believe Iran owes them an official apology over that.

Any ways, I'll write more about it once I am done with the book but just to clarify things I thought this post must be made as well. The Author, Mark Bowden, repeats the same rants as other leftists do about the late Shah of Iran and he is not willing to recognize that the revolution was just a evil revolt by bunch of crazy leftists and radical Islamists and he says, over and over, that the Shah was really to blame for it. It's very unfortunate and I don't agree with him for most parts, but the book itself goes to detail when it deals with hostage takers and poor hostages who remained in custody of those coward students for more than 444 days...

It also shows how freaking weak and incompetent US president Jimmy Carter was in handling the situation in Iran before and after the revolution and it tells me why there should not be a Democrat in the white house when there is a huge crisis, like Iranian revolution, is going on in the world.

I leave it at that for now and will catch up later...

Additional links:
** The Guests of the Ayatollah
** Atlantic monthly special edition on hostage crisis

9 comments:

تـــــرنـــٌــــم said...

درود
خـیلی وقـته ازت بیـخـبرم دوست عـزیز.. پـس چـی شـد اون برنامه ات ؟؟

Winston said...

در فکرش هستم و اگه بشه ژانویه انجامش میدم

شراره شریعت زاده said...

مدتی بود که به وبلاگهای سیاسی سری نزده بودم.

Anonymous said...

Not 2 yrs.
444 days - 1 yr and 79 days.

monica zandi said...

i fear that Bush is falling into the same weakness of carter....this is make or break time, and he could just do the same thing.....

BHCh said...

Carter was the worst American president in living memory. I am not a fan of Democrats, but it would be unfair to assume that all of them are just as bad.

I think Bush will do the right thing. War will be the likely price everyone will have to pay for the Russian and Chinese sellouts.

Amir said...

َAlthough I do not agree with you in all you write, I do agree with you in the fact that we have to apologize to Americans and I have done so several times in the past. I hereby repeat what you said:

As an Iranian, I am sorry for the hostage crisis and I believe Iran owes them an official apology over that.

Sherry said...

The Bush administration WANTS A REGIME CHANGE in Iran. The problem is the State Dept does NOT have anyone on the INSIDE to advise them and they don't want innocent people hurt at all. That is why the State Dept is looking into hiring. Since the Mullahs control ALL Television programs,There is no way we can get a message to them (citizens) that WE DO CARE. We have to rely on the EU and others. Carter was extemely irresponsible.

Why do you think the US was so eager to help with the Bam earthquake? They wanted to go over there to let those people know just how much America DOES CARE for them.

Besides, I was only 11 at the time of the hostage taking. The only thing I could listen to is the sound of my mother yelling at me to clean or do something. LOL
I'm grown and she still tells people I'm her kid! LOLOLOL

Anonymous said...

"Why do you think the US was so eager to help with the Bam earthquake? They wanted to go over there to let those people know just how much America DOES CARE for them."

And why do you think the few foreign aid volunteers that were allowed into Bam were carefully monitored by armed Republican Guards the whole time, and never allowed to speak candidly with Iranians?

The leaders of Iran know how to start a revolution, and know even better how to prevent one. And, thanks to Carter's foolish assistance, they know how to keep US spies and instigators out of their hair best of all.