Monday, October 9, 2006

Proud Nation



Part of my travel, today, included a visit to Air & Space museum at Dulles Int'l airport in Virginia and also a short visit in the late afternoon to the US Marine Corps memorial.

Above, you see a picture of an F-14 Tomcat, the space shuttle Enterprise that never used as an actual shuttle, and the Iwo Jima memorial. You can click on the pictures for larger sized pics.

I've come a long way to see these stuff and am glad I could see them. America is such a proud country and Americans are such gracious and kind people. Now I have more respect for the Americans and I do hope the United States remains strong because it is the beacon of hope for many people around the world. All these war memorials make me think of what US has fought since 1917 which has been to help free the world from the rule of tyrants and restore freedom. They never did invade any nation for territorial ambitions or to annex a land to their country. They have really fought for the simple belief of freedom and liberty. It's a proud country with a proud history.

2 comments:

programmer craig said...

Oh, good... you saw the Air & Space museum, that's one of my favorites! I need to get back to DC sometime and see everything I missed before :)

programmer craig said...

By the way, in two weeks Dreamworks is releasing a movie based on the flag raising at Mount Suribachi, which that Marine Corps Memorial is taken from:

Flags of Our Fathers

February 1945. Even as victory in Europe was finally within reach, the war in the Pacific raged on. One of the most crucial and bloodiest battles of the war was the struggle for the island of Iwo Jima, which culminated with what would become one of the most iconic images in history: five Marines and a Navy corpsman raising the American flag on Mount Suribachi.

Clint Eastwood is the director... I hope it's good! I don't think anybody has done a movie about Iwo Jima since John Wayne.