Thursday, November 9, 2006

Reza Pahlavi of Iran

Crown prince Reza Pahlavi of Iran Addressed World Affairs Council of Delaware on Nov 7th, talking about Iran:
    I wish to affirm my belief that one of my homeland’s unique features is the fact that it is the ripest candidate for the promotion of democracy and civil society in the greater Middle East. Hence, what is needed is to continue with the messages of support for our people, while actively looking for practical ways of making those messages actually make a difference on the ground.
Does any one listen to this man?

4 comments:

Roy Eappen said...

I do!. God Bless HIH. Restore the Prince to the Peacock Throne!!!

Rosemary Welch said...

You certainly don't mean demonrats, do you? I pray we still have the President's ear when it comes democracy in the ME...

Louise said...

"while actively looking for practical ways of making those messages actually make a difference on the ground."

Perhaps I'm way too cynical, but I don't see that happening very soon and if the Iranian people cannot overthrow this oppressive regime before it becomes capable of dropping A-bombs on its favoured targets, why should those targets have to wait to be incinerated before defending themselves. I hope I will be pleasantly surprised.

In any case, blood will have to flow. It's just a matter of how much and how soon. The longer it takes, the more blood will be spilled.

Winston said...

Louise, I agree. Freedom isn't free