Monday, January 8, 2007

Iraqi Vietnam

One of the reasons the US lost the Vietnam war politically and not militarily was due to one important factor: Letting the politicians run the war.

Now, I believe the same tragedy is about to happen since politicians from both sides of aisle are trying to run the war in Iraq and this is a disaster waiting to happen.

Updated: Sgt. T. F Boggs says:
    When water starts flowing and schools start opening up, among many other things, people realize that we are not the Great Satan that they once thought we were. They understand that we really are there to do as we said we were four years ago. We don’t want their oil; we want to make it flow better. We don’t want to indoctrinate their kids; we want to open up schools so they can learn and make their own decisions. We only need the time and cooperation of the local population to make these things happen.

10 comments:

Rita Loca said...

I dont know if you read T.F.Bogg's blog but he presented this very well.

Winston said...

yes, he is on the list of blogs I often read

Bardia said...

Unfortunately Iraqies and most of people in USA don't know what would be happen if US army aren't in Iraq.

Louise said...

And that, Bardia, is the fault of the Bush administration. This is one thing they have failed miserably at - explaining the context and the long term consequences.

Anonymous said...

Winston has converted to the left:

Clare says:
You should come to the left. It's warmer here -- besides, I'M on the left!

Winston says:
Good point. Because you're the most amazing person in the universe I'll gladly abandon my neo-conservative views.

Winston said...

Clare, you wish...

Anonymous said...

I sure do. Leftists are so much better in bed.

Chester said...

Clare -

Take that crap to your lefty blogs

Anonymous said...

I'll put my in-jokes where I like, Chester.

programmer craig said...

Clare,

I sure do. Leftists are so much better in bed.

Even with the hairy armpits and the poor personal hygiene? :P