Thursday, August 30, 2007

Childhood

There is nothing better in the world than receiving a parcel from your mother with tons and tons of photos from your childhood. It was more than family photos, it really revived my past memories.

I have been viewing those pictures since this morning and they have made me deeply emotional and also made me appreciate the good life I had in early 1980s where most kids at my age, probably, didn't have enough food to eat or lived a bad life due to war and economic hardship. I think I was a lucky kid!

هیچ چیزی بهتر از این نیست که صبح ساعت 10 که بیدار شدی اقای پستچی بسته ای از ایران به دستت بده و در داخل اون بسته سی دی حاوی تمامی عکسهای بچگی خودت رو پیدا کنی و با دیدن اون عکسها بری به گذشته های تقریبا دور و به سالهای 61 و 62 خورشیدی فکر کنی و یا وقتهایی که تهران زیر بمباران بود و یا اینکه هر وقت میرفتیم پارک شاهنشاهی (ملت) تهران حتما میرفتم کنار استخر و اون قسمتی که فروشگاههای کانون پرورش فکری بود و کلی کتاب و سرگرمی فکری میخریدم و مشغول میشدیم. حالا البته ناگفته نماند که همون کانون پرورش فکری رو شهبانو فرح درست کرده بود و بابت همین همیشه ازش ممنونم. میدونم که بچه های ایرانی این دوره زمونه احتمالا نمیدونن کانون پرورش فکری چی هست و چه میکرده اما همین مراکز فرهنگی باقی مونده از زمان شاه فقید باعث رشد فکری و فرهنگی خیلی ها شد و این خدمت اونها رو نمیشه انکار کرد. بهر حال دوران بچگی ما هم عالمی بود واسه خودش. یادش بخیر

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were a lucky kid. You've been lucky as an adult.
Just don't push your luck
;- )

Kash Kheirkhah said...

Thanks "so much" for the link. It's very interesting cause I asked Dr. Milani about the book this past Sunday on VOA and he said it would be published by the end of the year. As for Mirfetros's articles on Mossadegh, I'm waiting for his book too.

Anonymous said...

Who can ever forgat that tent in Park-e Shahanshahi, and the stone-head-sculptures of the ancient Kings along the stairs!!!
یاد آنروزهای "دور" گرامی باد

programmer craig said...

Winston, if I can offer you some advice, make sure and get some copies (hardcopy) made of those photos! Most the photos I've got from when I was a kid are all yellowed and faded now, and there aren't any duplicates.