Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Are they serious?

U.S. bringing second carrier to Mideast

This kind of news makes me wonder how serious they are in dealing with the Iranian regime?!

It doesn't make me nervous at all. I mean, it is certain that US is not going to take any more shit from Iran in the region and it seems they now realize the depth of the danger mullahs pose towards the entire world. But I wish we see a huge support for freedom movement in Iran towards regime change before any attack or bombardment begins.

I, personally, have accepted the fact that one day Iran may be bombed for its unacceptable behaviors in the region. It won't surprise me a bit...

Cross-posted @ The Shotgun

2 comments:

programmer craig said...

It's most likely just to keep US options open if the upcoming crackdown on insurgents and militias in Iraq gets messy, Winston. That's my guess, anyway.

Anonymous said...

Is Mr Bush seeking to encourage greater pragmatism on the part of the Iranians? Or is this simply the prelude to a more comprehensive attack?
I happen to think the latter will be the eventual outcome. Iran is controlling Basra and set to seize the oil fields in the South if the US left. Maliki government not to be trusted and will surely not dismantle he JAM (mahdi army). Hakim would be more than glad to oblige the Iranians and so on....